The overall aim of our session program is to love and encourage children toward hope. This process takes on as many unique forms as there are kids. However, there are some choice components that are generally included in each session.
- Chores: Almost every child and leader pair will complete a small chore at the beginning of the session. This time is designed to teach the importance of serving others by giving through the work of your own hands. Often this opportunity empowers children in knowing that their efforts can make a difference to those around them. It also enables leaders to better understand each child each day, and gain perspective for the best use of time to follow.
- Working with horses: The majority of children who come to Dreams Hope and Faith are drawn to the ranch because of the horses. These kids will learn to correctly handle, groom, ride, round pen and even vet horses during their sessions. Again, each session depends on the needs of the child and of the horse on any given day.
- Metal/Wood Shop: For those who do not wish to spend time riding horses, the ranch has assembled other options such as a Metal and Wood Shop. It is a full fabrication shop with state of the art machinery.
- Music Room and Recording Studio: We are in the final stages of our Music Room and Recording Studio. Soon you will be able to come to Dreams Hope and Faith to learn an instrument or learn how to record music in an actual Studio. How about recording your own song?????
- Play: Often, the most valuable time in a child’s life is to allow and encourage kids to be kids by playing. Many children choose to spend their entire session wholly engaged in playing games.
Sessions can include one or many of the above components, or sometimes something entirely unique. Together, the leader and child determine the best course of action for each session time. Session leaders do their best to listen and creatively respond by using the resources of the ranch to support and encourage children in need.